Morning Banana Diet Community  

Go Back   Morning Banana Diet Community > The Morning Banana Diet > How to Do the Morning Banana Diet

Old November 15th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Green Banana

Default New to the Morning Banana diet, and need help!

I've been following the rules of the Morning Banana diet and it's been working well. However, I do get constipated often and am wondering if anyone else has this problem. My diet consists of salads, other fruits (grapes, grapefruit) and fish. So I don't see anything that may be causing the constipation other than the banana - I heard that it's binding. If so, any suggestions aside from laxatives?? Thanks so much in advance!!

Last edited by bashful_in_newyork; November 15th, 2008 at 06:43 AM.
Old November 15th, 2008, 07:13 AM
Brown Banana

Angry Constipation after Starting MoBa

The Japanese inventor of the diet said the number of bowel movements for him increased to two or more per day, and the Japanese followers of the diet seem rather, ahem, obsessed with their bowel movements.

If you suddenly go from eating a low fiber diet, such as processed carbohydrates, to a higher fiber diet, I suppose (speaking as a non-medical professional) you could get constipated during the transition period. How many bananas are you eating? Perhaps easing into the high fiber diet gradually is advised for people coming from a particularly low fiber diet.

At any rate, talking it over with your doctor is probably the best thing to do. Let him know what you were eating before and what you're eating now, and what your symptoms are.
Old November 15th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Green Banana

Thanks so much for your advice. I'm only eating one banana every morning along with a bottle of water (at room temp). Thanks again!