Morning Banana Diet Community  

Go Back   Morning Banana Diet Community > The Morning Banana Diet > How to Do the Morning Banana Diet

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old January 12th, 2009, 06:12 AM
amajen amajen is offline
Junior Member
Green Banana
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4
Default Any success stories?

I started the morning banana diet yesterday. I love a diet that includes bananas! I was perusing this site and I can't find any real success stories. Has there been much success?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old January 12th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Lilo's Avatar
Lilo Lilo is offline
Junior Member
Green Banana
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4
Blog Entries: 7
Default

Hi amajen,
If you check some blogs (that unfortunately haven't been updated since a long time ) you can see that some people had some really good results.
I heard about this diet from my cousin's friend, she said she has lost about 8 pounds in 2 weeks, even if she's not on the diet anymore (she has reached her targeted weight- so lucky!) she didn't gain back those 8 pounds (but she keeps avoiding junk food)
Have a great day
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old January 12th, 2009, 11:19 AM
amajen amajen is offline
Junior Member
Green Banana
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4
Default Thanks!

Thanks for the rsponse. I will check those blogs! I'm hoping this diet will jump start my weight loss. I need to lose about 20 pounds and seem to be stuck where I am. Good luck to all!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old January 13th, 2009, 06:54 AM
topbanana's Avatar
topbanana topbanana is offline
Senior Member
Brown Banana
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Henderson, Nevada
Posts: 130
Default

This site has been around not quite a year, but the diet only really got attention in the West in late September and October. So really nobody has done the diet longer than from then. So the history is a bit limited outside of Japan. On the Mixi social networking service in Japan there are quite a few success stories, and the Japanese books and other media have success stories, including physicians who themselves have lost weight on the diet.

Of course, the big question is will the diet work when adapted to Wester foods and eating habits and the like. There are obviously a lot of cultural differences between Japanese and, for instance, Americans which could influence how well this diet works. The rules are very simple, but there are probably a lot of unspoken rules in the form of ingrained cultural habits and social customs of the Japanese.

For example, the prevalence of shift work may be higher in the U.S., accounting for a lot of questions here about bed-before-midnight and the timing of meals, questions that might not have arisen so much in Japan. Typically, in Japan a person will either be a housewife or a salaryman. Both can generally get to bed before midnight with no problem.

Whether variations of the diet will work that change rules can only be determined by doing it and seeing what happens. And whether unspoken rules followed by habit in Japan need to be discovered and made explicit is another question.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old January 19th, 2009, 11:17 AM
amajen amajen is offline
Junior Member
Green Banana
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4
Default Success?

Thanks for the replies! I have actually gained weight since I started so I hadn't been back for a while. I am basically doing a weight watchers/banana combo diet. For some reason bananas don't fill me. I read a number of times on this web site how full people felt after eating the bananas but I was aleays so hungry after. I still start my day with bananas but count them towards my daily calorie/point intake!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old January 19th, 2009, 06:57 PM
AngieBabyWeight's Avatar
AngieBabyWeight AngieBabyWeight is offline
Junior Member
Yellow Banana
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver Island, Canada
Posts: 27
Blog Entries: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amajen View Post
Thanks for the replies! I have actually gained weight since I started so I hadn't been back for a while. I am basically doing a weight watchers/banana combo diet. For some reason bananas don't fill me. I read a number of times on this web site how full people felt after eating the bananas but I was aleays so hungry after. I still start my day with bananas but count them towards my daily calorie/point intake!
I found in the beginning, which is just over a week ago, that just one banana wasn't enough for me, i was still hungry and would eat two or three. But now just one is enough and sometimes just half. The thing is that you have to be sure to sip the water regularly while eating and chew your banana well. It think the point is that the banana and water kinda swell in your stomach. Here is what i do. I get a big glass of room tempt water, and peel my banana and put it on a plate, i then slice a small bite off with a fork and chew it well while watching the morning news on bbc.com (i don't have cable). After every one or two bites i drink some water. It takes me about 5 and sometimes 10 minutes to eat a banana. And i'm usually satisfied when i'm done. So i guess the trick is to just eat slow.

If you feel its not working for you, i think a big part of the banana in the diet is the fiber, so maybe go to the pharmacy and get some fiber pills and eat them as directed before meals, it will make you less hungry and more "regular" which is another part of losing weight.

Good Luck!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old January 20th, 2009, 10:36 PM
caira111 caira111 is offline
Junior Member
Green Banana
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2
Default morning banana diet

I am happy to say that I have already started the morning banana diet. and the good news is I have already start feeling the changes in my body. I am on this diet for only 7 days and I have lost 1lb weight. I am thinking about doing the Water Cure program to get the optimum result from this diet.

thank you
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old January 27th, 2009, 06:09 AM
amajen amajen is offline
Junior Member
Green Banana
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4
Default Stopped

I stopped the banana diet. It wasn't working out for me. Hope everyone else has better luck!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old January 28th, 2009, 10:15 AM
GoinBananas GoinBananas is offline
Junior Member
Green Banana
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2
Blog Entries: 10
Default I've lost 10 lbs.--This diet works for me :-)

I've written on my blog about my journey since the first day. I've done pretty well sticking to the banana diet but have not been perfect. I had probably 30 or 40 lbs. to lose in order to look good for my age (in my 40s and menopausal). This is the first diet that has worked for me; and even though it's been slow (10 lbs. in 3 months), I am doing better than I did on Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, or any other diet I've tried the past few years. I could do even better if I gave up sweets (besides the 3 PM one) and if I didn't eat between meals.

So, if you are out there wondering if this will work for you...Be patient. Stick with it for 2 months and if you follow the basic rules, I think you will see success
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old March 26th, 2009, 04:08 PM
delanosgirl delanosgirl is offline
Junior Member
Green Banana
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1
Default Move over Jimmy Buffet...I'm going to be the top banana

I've been mulling this diet over since I read about it in one of my women's magazines. I really liked it that the magazine gave me meal ideas for lunch and dinner....pretty much a no brainer, but it's great because it gives like three choices for lunch and three for dinner and snack ideas. If I don't have some sort of structure than it's too easy for me to fall of the banana boat. Anyway, I'm planning on going shopping and starting tomorrow. I gained 40 pounds after I met my boyfriend and I've taken 18 off, but am now on the big push for summer. There's still plenty of time. I'm so glad I found this forum!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old April 15th, 2009, 08:15 AM
ix__'s Avatar
ix__ ix__ is offline
Yellow Banana
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 31
Default

I'm down from 225+ range to 187. Six foot male late 30's. Been basically doing this for about 7 months.

Some of it matters more than others. Here's my thoughts on that, having followed and not followed bits of it, at different times, to observe the effect. I weigh myself daily on the Wii so I have a graph to look at...

I've done almost all of mine drinking black coffee in the morning instead of water -- at basically room temperature. You get used to it. I drink nothing but water and black coffee now. Period.

I think a moderate lunch matters, don't pig out.

I think the after 8pm rule and don't pig out at supper is the most important component. Breaking this gains you weight immediately. If you must eat, fruit seems to be ok at night.

I think exercise is good. I work out (karate) twice a week. I see results in physical and fitness regards that are valuable.

I don't think speed of eating matters, as much as limiting quantity to reasonable amounts.

I do walk a block every morning first thing, and every night last thing. (Dogs) I think it's possible that this is important also, though I haven't "not" done it, to verify the effect.


ix
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old June 9th, 2009, 03:16 AM
mydolly626 mydolly626 is offline
Junior Member
Green Banana
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1
Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieBabyWeight View Post
I found in the beginning, which is just over a week ago, that just one banana wasn't enough for me, i was still hungry and would eat two or three. But now just one is enough and sometimes just half. The thing is that you have to be sure to sip the water regularly while eating and chew your banana well. It think the point is that the banana and water kinda swell in your stomach. Here is what i do. I get a big glass of room tempt water, and peel my banana and put it on a plate, i then slice a small bite off with a fork and chew it well while watching the morning news on bbc.com (i don't have cable). After every one or two bites i drink some water. It takes me about 5 and sometimes 10 minutes to eat a banana. And i'm usually satisfied when i'm done. So i guess the trick is to just eat slow.

If you feel its not working for you, i think a big part of the banana in the diet is the fiber, so maybe go to the pharmacy and get some fiber pills and eat them as directed before meals, it will make you less hungry and more "regular" which is another part of losing weight.

Good Luck!


i thougth that drink while eating wasn't good for your stomach.

btw..i'm new here..
and i'm just 16 and have 170lbs!! and i want to lose my weight b4 the end of this year..
so..wish me luck!!
and this is my first time doing this diet..after reading about it on the newspaper: japan new diet..;D
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old June 9th, 2009, 09:41 AM
gutted gutted is offline
Junior Member
Green Banana
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydolly626 View Post
i thougth that drink while eating wasn't good for your stomach.

btw..i'm new here..
and i'm just 16 and have 170lbs!! and i want to lose my weight b4 the end of this year..
so..wish me luck!!
and this is my first time doing this diet..after reading about it on the newspaper: japan new diet..;D
That's not as bad as 14 years of age and 216 lbs! I want to go down to around your weight.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old June 11th, 2009, 02:33 PM
michymichelle's Avatar
michymichelle michymichelle is offline
Junior Member
Green Banana
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 7
Blog Entries: 1
Send a message via Yahoo to michymichelle
Default Hmmmm.

I'm not good at sticking with diets too long, but this one seems interesting enough to try since it doesn't have tons upon tons of rules. It's already going to be 6pm here, so I'll officially start this tomorrow. There's 20 pounds that won't seem to come off, so hopefully this helps.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old July 25th, 2009, 07:23 PM
ella3 ella3 is offline
Junior Member
Green Banana
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieBabyWeight View Post
I found in the beginning, which is just over a week ago, that just one banana wasn't enough for me, i was still hungry and would eat two or three. But now just one is enough and sometimes just half. The thing is that you have to be sure to sip the water regularly while eating and chew your banana well. It think the point is that the banana and water kinda swell in your stomach. Here is what i do. I get a big glass of room tempt water, and peel my banana and put it on a plate, i then slice a small bite off with a fork and chew it well while watching the morning news on bbc.com (i don't have cable). After every one or two bites i drink some water. It takes me about 5 and sometimes 10 minutes to eat a banana. And i'm usually satisfied when i'm done. So i guess the trick is to just eat slow.

If you feel its not working for you, i think a big part of the banana in the diet is the fiber, so maybe go to the pharmacy and get some fiber pills and eat them as directed before meals, it will make you less hungry and more "regular" which is another part of losing weight.

Good Luck!
-uhm,.but according to studies drinking while eating interrupts digestion by diluting your stomachs acids. So you should be drinking 20 min before and 1 hr after meals.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old August 7th, 2009, 02:29 PM
gutted gutted is offline
Junior Member
Green Banana
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6
Default

I now weigh 191 lbs. Can't say anything bad about this diet!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old January 9th, 2010, 07:36 AM
bron111 bron111 is offline
Junior Member
Green Banana
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1
Default it really works

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinBananas View Post
I've written on my blog about my journey since the first day. I've done pretty well sticking to the banana diet but have not been perfect. I had probably 30 or 40 lbs. to lose in order to look good for my age (in my 40s and menopausal). This is the first diet that has worked for me; and even though it's been slow (10 lbs. in 3 months), I am doing better than I did on Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, or any other diet I've tried the past few years. I could do even better if I gave up sweets (besides the 3 PM one) and if I didn't eat between meals.

So, if you are out there wondering if this will work for you...Be patient. Stick with it for 2 months and if you follow the basic rules, I think you will see success
my friend and I was walking 21/2 miles everyday and just changed our eating habits from junk food to healthy food. She told me about the banana diet and i tried it just been on it for 4 days and I have lost 4lbs. and still walk everyday
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old May 21st, 2010, 06:59 PM
exnikram exnikram is offline
Junior Member
Green Banana
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1
Default Can i eat banana after lunch and after dinner?

hello everyone,, Im 18 and i have the height of 5'2" with 55kgs.
i would want to ask that if i can eat banana after lunch and after dinner?

please reply ^_^...
im just a beginner..
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old May 30th, 2010, 10:51 PM
sababavav sababavav is offline
Junior Member
Green Banana
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3
Default

I am just getting started but I think it makes sense to keep it simple and do that the fiet suggests...

Eat some bananas for breakfast (and water)

then have lunch and stop eating when you're full (80% full, or a 7/10 you know, what it says in the "rules"). So, if you have a banana as part of your lunch, that should be fine as long as you are STILL stopping eating lunch when you're feeling satisfied - not stuffed or starving!

Hope that helps!? From one newbie to another!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old July 28th, 2010, 04:22 AM
anna_bree anna_bree is offline
Junior Member
Green Banana
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Japan
Posts: 2
Default

hi amajen

I saw a news report the other day of a old japanese woman who lost 10kgs (22 pounds) in a month just staying on the banana diet
she didn`t do much exercise other than her usual cleaning the house etc.

not that people shouldn`t be discouraged to exercise
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any good success stories? Mike New in Town 1 January 9th, 2009 10:23 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2008 MorningBanana, Inc., 3155 E Patrick Ln, Las Vegas, NV 89120. "Morning Banana Diet" is a trademark of Morning Banana, Inc.