Morning Banana Diet Community  

Go Back   Morning Banana Diet Community > The Morning Banana Diet > How to Do the Morning Banana Diet

Old January 12th, 2009, 06:12 AM
Green Banana

Default Any success stories?

I started the morning banana diet yesterday. I love a diet that includes bananas! I was perusing this site and I can't find any real success stories. Has there been much success?
Old January 12th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Green Banana

Hi amajen,
If you check some blogs (that unfortunately haven't been updated since a long time ) you can see that some people had some really good results.
I heard about this diet from my cousin's friend, she said she has lost about 8 pounds in 2 weeks, even if she's not on the diet anymore (she has reached her targeted weight- so lucky!) she didn't gain back those 8 pounds (but she keeps avoiding junk food)
Have a great day
Old January 12th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Green Banana

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the rsponse. I will check those blogs! I'm hoping this diet will jump start my weight loss. I need to lose about 20 pounds and seem to be stuck where I am. Good luck to all!
Old January 13th, 2009, 06:54 AM
Brown Banana

This site has been around not quite a year, but the diet only really got attention in the West in late September and October. So really nobody has done the diet longer than from then. So the history is a bit limited outside of Japan. On the Mixi social networking service in Japan there are quite a few success stories, and the Japanese books and other media have success stories, including physicians who themselves have lost weight on the diet.

Of course, the big question is will the diet work when adapted to Wester foods and eating habits and the like. There are obviously a lot of cultural differences between Japanese and, for instance, Americans which could influence how well this diet works. The rules are very simple, but there are probably a lot of unspoken rules in the form of ingrained cultural habits and social customs of the Japanese.

For example, the prevalence of shift work may be higher in the U.S., accounting for a lot of questions here about bed-before-midnight and the timing of meals, questions that might not have arisen so much in Japan. Typically, in Japan a person will either be a housewife or a salaryman. Both can generally get to bed before midnight with no problem.

Whether variations of the diet will work that change rules can only be determined by doing it and seeing what happens. And whether unspoken rules followed by habit in Japan need to be discovered and made explicit is another question.
Old January 19th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Green Banana

Default Success?

Thanks for the replies! I have actually gained weight since I started so I hadn't been back for a while. I am basically doing a weight watchers/banana combo diet. For some reason bananas don't fill me. I read a number of times on this web site how full people felt after eating the bananas but I was aleays so hungry after. I still start my day with bananas but count them towards my daily calorie/point intake!
Old January 19th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Yellow Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by amajen View Post
Thanks for the replies! I have actually gained weight since I started so I hadn't been back for a while. I am basically doing a weight watchers/banana combo diet. For some reason bananas don't fill me. I read a number of times on this web site how full people felt after eating the bananas but I was aleays so hungry after. I still start my day with bananas but count them towards my daily calorie/point intake!
I found in the beginning, which is just over a week ago, that just one banana wasn't enough for me, i was still hungry and would eat two or three. But now just one is enough and sometimes just half. The thing is that you have to be sure to sip the water regularly while eating and chew your banana well. It think the point is that the banana and water kinda swell in your stomach. Here is what i do. I get a big glass of room tempt water, and peel my banana and put it on a plate, i then slice a small bite off with a fork and chew it well while watching the morning news on bbc.com (i don't have cable). After every one or two bites i drink some water. It takes me about 5 and sometimes 10 minutes to eat a banana. And i'm usually satisfied when i'm done. So i guess the trick is to just eat slow.

If you feel its not working for you, i think a big part of the banana in the diet is the fiber, so maybe go to the pharmacy and get some fiber pills and eat them as directed before meals, it will make you less hungry and more "regular" which is another part of losing weight.

Good Luck!
Old January 20th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Green Banana

Default morning banana diet

I am happy to say that I have already started the morning banana diet. and the good news is I have already start feeling the changes in my body. I am on this diet for only 7 days and I have lost 1lb weight. I am thinking about doing the Water Cure program to get the optimum result from this diet.

thank you
Old January 27th, 2009, 06:09 AM
Green Banana

Default Stopped

I stopped the banana diet. It wasn't working out for me. Hope everyone else has better luck!
Old January 28th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Green Banana

Default I've lost 10 lbs.--This diet works for me :-)

I've written on my blog about my journey since the first day. I've done pretty well sticking to the banana diet but have not been perfect. I had probably 30 or 40 lbs. to lose in order to look good for my age (in my 40s and menopausal). This is the first diet that has worked for me; and even though it's been slow (10 lbs. in 3 months), I am doing better than I did on Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, or any other diet I've tried the past few years. I could do even better if I gave up sweets (besides the 3 PM one) and if I didn't eat between meals.

So, if you are out there wondering if this will work for you...Be patient. Stick with it for 2 months and if you follow the basic rules, I think you will see success
Old March 26th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Green Banana

Default Move over Jimmy Buffet...I'm going to be the top banana

I've been mulling this diet over since I read about it in one of my women's magazines. I really liked it that the magazine gave me meal ideas for lunch and dinner....pretty much a no brainer, but it's great because it gives like three choices for lunch and three for dinner and snack ideas. If I don't have some sort of structure than it's too easy for me to fall of the banana boat. Anyway, I'm planning on going shopping and starting tomorrow. I gained 40 pounds after I met my boyfriend and I've taken 18 off, but am now on the big push for summer. There's still plenty of time. I'm so glad I found this forum!
Old April 15th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Yellow Banana

I'm down from 225+ range to 187. Six foot male late 30's. Been basically doing this for about 7 months.

Some of it matters more than others. Here's my thoughts on that, having followed and not followed bits of it, at different times, to observe the effect. I weigh myself daily on the Wii so I have a graph to look at...

I've done almost all of mine drinking black coffee in the morning instead of water -- at basically room temperature. You get used to it. I drink nothing but water and black coffee now. Period.

I think a moderate lunch matters, don't pig out.

I think the after 8pm rule and don't pig out at supper is the most important component. Breaking this gains you weight immediately. If you must eat, fruit seems to be ok at night.

I think exercise is good. I work out (karate) twice a week. I see results in physical and fitness regards that are valuable.

I don't think speed of eating matters, as much as limiting quantity to reasonable amounts.

I do walk a block every morning first thing, and every night last thing. (Dogs) I think it's possible that this is important also, though I haven't "not" done it, to verify the effect.

ix
Old June 9th, 2009, 03:16 AM
Green Banana

Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieBabyWeight View Post
I found in the beginning, which is just over a week ago, that just one banana wasn't enough for me, i was still hungry and would eat two or three. But now just one is enough and sometimes just half. The thing is that you have to be sure to sip the water regularly while eating and chew your banana well. It think the point is that the banana and water kinda swell in your stomach. Here is what i do. I get a big glass of room tempt water, and peel my banana and put it on a plate, i then slice a small bite off with a fork and chew it well while watching the morning news on bbc.com (i don't have cable). After every one or two bites i drink some water. It takes me about 5 and sometimes 10 minutes to eat a banana. And i'm usually satisfied when i'm done. So i guess the trick is to just eat slow.

If you feel its not working for you, i think a big part of the banana in the diet is the fiber, so maybe go to the pharmacy and get some fiber pills and eat them as directed before meals, it will make you less hungry and more "regular" which is another part of losing weight.

Good Luck!

i thougth that drink while eating wasn't good for your stomach.

btw..i'm new here..
and i'm just 16 and have 170lbs!! and i want to lose my weight b4 the end of this year..
so..wish me luck!!
and this is my first time doing this diet..after reading about it on the newspaper: japan new diet..;D
Old June 9th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Green Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydolly626 View Post
i thougth that drink while eating wasn't good for your stomach.

btw..i'm new here..
and i'm just 16 and have 170lbs!! and i want to lose my weight b4 the end of this year..
so..wish me luck!!
and this is my first time doing this diet..after reading about it on the newspaper: japan new diet..;D
That's not as bad as 14 years of age and 216 lbs! I want to go down to around your weight.
Old June 11th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Green Banana

Send a message via Yahoo to michymichelle
Default Hmmmm.

I'm not good at sticking with diets too long, but this one seems interesting enough to try since it doesn't have tons upon tons of rules. It's already going to be 6pm here, so I'll officially start this tomorrow. There's 20 pounds that won't seem to come off, so hopefully this helps.
Old July 25th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Green Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieBabyWeight View Post

Good Luck!
-uhm,.but according to studies drinking while eating interrupts digestion by diluting your stomachs acids. So you should be drinking 20 min before and 1 hr after meals.
Old August 7th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Green Banana

I now weigh 191 lbs. Can't say anything bad about this diet!
Old January 9th, 2010, 07:36 AM
Green Banana

Default it really works

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinBananas View Post
I've written on my blog about my journey since the first day. I've done pretty well sticking to the banana diet but have not been perfect. I had probably 30 or 40 lbs. to lose in order to look good for my age (in my 40s and menopausal). This is the first diet that has worked for me; and even though it's been slow (10 lbs. in 3 months), I am doing better than I did on Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, or any other diet I've tried the past few years. I could do even better if I gave up sweets (besides the 3 PM one) and if I didn't eat between meals.

So, if you are out there wondering if this will work for you...Be patient. Stick with it for 2 months and if you follow the basic rules, I think you will see success
my friend and I was walking 21/2 miles everyday and just changed our eating habits from junk food to healthy food. She told me about the banana diet and i tried it just been on it for 4 days and I have lost 4lbs. and still walk everyday
Old May 21st, 2010, 06:59 PM
Green Banana

Default Can i eat banana after lunch and after dinner?

hello everyone,, Im 18 and i have the height of 5'2" with 55kgs.
i would want to ask that if i can eat banana after lunch and after dinner?

please reply ^_^...
im just a beginner..
Old May 30th, 2010, 10:51 PM
Green Banana

I am just getting started but I think it makes sense to keep it simple and do that the fiet suggests...

Eat some bananas for breakfast (and water)

then have lunch and stop eating when you're full (80% full, or a 7/10 you know, what it says in the "rules"). So, if you have a banana as part of your lunch, that should be fine as long as you are STILL stopping eating lunch when you're feeling satisfied - not stuffed or starving!

Hope that helps!? From one newbie to another!
Old July 28th, 2010, 04:22 AM
Green Banana

hi amajen

I saw a news report the other day of a old japanese woman who lost 10kgs (22 pounds) in a month just staying on the banana diet
she didn`t do much exercise other than her usual cleaning the house etc.

not that people shouldn`t be discouraged to exercise