Morning Banana Diet Community  

Go Back   Morning Banana Diet Community > The Morning Banana Diet > How to Do the Morning Banana Diet

Old January 14th, 2009, 12:30 AM
Green Banana

Default please suggest me i'm very desperate to loose wt.

hello,

had a doubt .

i get up at 5.30am and i am usually not hungry at tht time i tried having banana at 5.30 am but started feeling hungry when i came back frm gym at around 8.30am is it fine if i have bananas
at 8.30 am even thoug if i get up ay 5.30 am
Old January 14th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Yellow Banana

i think that should be ok, as long as the banana is the first thing you eat. Or eat the banana at 5:30 and when you get back from the gym you can have something else to eat.
Old January 14th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Green Banana

Thank you so much for your reply are you getting good results .

I have started the diet 2 days back feeling good will check my wt. After a week hope to have good results
Old January 16th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Yellow Banana

i've been on the diet for a about a week and i checked my weight yesterday, to my complete surprise, i have lost nearly 4 lbs!
Old January 19th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Green Banana

Send a message via Yahoo to cathythomas
Default cathythomas

Yeah!!!!! for you. I don't have a scale at my home so I'm going soley on how my clothes fit so today I'm wearing a skirt that I bought last year that I could not fit just before the Xmas Holidays but today this skirt is looking really nice on me, I can truly tell that I've lost some weight. I'm going to just keep going with this and not check my weight until I've gotten past my 4th week into the diet.

Last edited by cathythomas; January 19th, 2009 at 11:13 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old January 19th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Yellow Banana

Congratulations! I have a pair of pants that hang in the bathroom on dispay for myself, 2 years ago the pants would barely stay on and were baggy, now i can barely pull them up over my butt let alone do them up! My goal is to fit into the pants again, the scale i bought for myself a few weeks ago i got at walmart for $10. Good Luck!
Old June 6th, 2011, 02:39 AM
Green Banana

Can i start my day with a glass of water. I mean i usually get up at 6.00 am then drinking a glass of room temp water. Then taking bath and reaching office at 8.00 am and eating bananas at 8.30 a.m is it ok to drink water the first thing in the morning
Old March 9th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Green Banana

Default help

what is this diet .....what do i have to do ...please i cant understand....what can i eat , when...thanks
Old June 7th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Yellow Banana

Smile how to do the diet - simple

■eat a banana or two (or three, whatever it takes to make you 70% full) and drink room temperature water.

■Eat only raw, uncooked, unfrozen bananas.(this means they're still in the peel)

■Other fruit may be substituted. (If you don't have bananas, use apples, etc.)

■If other fruit is substituted, some variants require it be restricted to one type of fruit per meal.

■If you are still hungry 15 or 30 minutes after your banana, you can eat other food, just try to make sure it's not more than 200 calories)

Eat normally for lunch and dinner

■Eat dinner at 6 but no later than 8.

■There are no explicit limits on the types of food you can eat for lunch and dinner, or the amount. But in practice dieters report on Mixi that they try to cut the amount of rice they eat and find substitutions for fried foods. As with many diets, the mere fact you have decided to go on a diet tends to make you more aware of what and how much you are are eating and how healthy it is. The diet avoids strict food rules to prevent a sense of deprivation.

■no desserts

■At all meals you should eat only until you’re satisfied but not full or stuffed. The Japanese have a proverb, Hara hachibu ni isha irazu, “A stomach eight-tenths full needs no doctor.” American dietitians define this level of fullness or satiety as a 7 on a 1-to-10 “hunger scale,” and they teach their clients to recognize this feeling.
Drink only water

■The only beverage allowed at most meals is water, preferably mineral or filtered.

■The water should be drunk in small sips and not used to wash down food.

■There is no quota of water to drink, and you should not drink it in excess.

■you can have calorie-free drinks like coffee and tea, diet drinks are frowned upon, and it is prefered that dieters only drink water.

■On social occasions you may drink beer or wine.

Eat your food mindfully

■Chew your banana and other food thorouoghly and be mindful of its taste.

You may eat an afternoon snack

■A sweet snack of chocolate, cookies, or the like is allowed at about 3 p.m.

■Ice cream, a donut, or potato chips are not recommended.

■Some substitute fresh fruit for their snack, but if you want sweets you should not deny yourself.

■Some Japanese who like salty snacks eat salted konbu (seaweed) snacks and some Japanese who are very hungry in the afternoon substitute a filling, fist-sized rice ball for sweets.

■A good alternative if a salty or more filling snack is needed is popcorn according to Morning Banana forum members, but watch out for excessive fat content.

■If you are hungry after dinner, you may have a second snack of fresh fruit, but this should not be a habit.

Early to bed

■Go to bed by midnight. If you can manage to go to bed earlier, all the better.

■Try to aim for a four-hour period between your last meal or snack and bedtime (which is why 8:00 p.m. is the latest you should eat dinner).

Exercise only if you want to
■Put no pressure on yourself to exercise.
■If you want to exercise, go ahead: the test is to do what puts the least stress on you.
■But try to get some walking in every day if possible (but again, don’t force yourself if it stresses you out).
■If you want a traditional Japanese light workout, consider taking up the kendama.

Keep a diet journal

■Because the original Japanese banana diet was developed on the internet, many successful Japanese dieters naturally documented their daily food intake and progress online via blogs, forums, or social networking services, and they felt this gave them extra support (we have prepared a Morning Banana Diet Forum with individual food blogs for your use).

■Because of the diet’s emphasis on digestive processes, some Morning Banana Diet journalers record a bit “too much information” — so remaining anonymous may be advisable.

Hope this helps. I just copy and pasted from the rules, edited it down a bit.
Old September 18th, 2012, 05:18 AM
Green Banana

My heartiest suggestions to you to loose weight are:
Drink more water
Eat less
Only salad in lunch and no dinner
Only fresh juice in dinner.
And daily walk