Morning Banana Diet Community  

Go Back   Morning Banana Diet Community > The Morning Banana Diet > How to Do the Morning Banana Diet

Old January 11th, 2009, 03:34 AM
Green Banana

Default coffee...

Hello everyone,

I just started this diet and i'm wondering whether i can drink a coffee after any meal.

Can i drink coke during the day?

thanks for your help!
Old January 11th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Yellow Banana

I read something about this on mone of the pages i looked up, and i believe it said that drinking beverages such as tea/coffee within reason was ok, but to limit your milk if you can. But it also said to avoid pops if you can.

-Good Luck!
Old January 11th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Yellow Banana

Now i'm not 100% about this, but i believe the thing about not drinking pops is the carbs. your body uses carbs for energy, which in turn burns fat. But if you keep replenishing your carb stores, your body will burn those for energy and never actually have to use up fat for energy, thus not losing weight as quickly as many would like.

You may want to google how pop/carbs work in a diet cause i may not have explained it correctly.
Old January 11th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Green Banana

pop?....you mean pop-corn? sorry i'm italian
Old January 11th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Yellow Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by supy View Post
pop?....you mean pop-corn? sorry i'm italian
don't apologize , i meant pop like soda drink, or coke/7-up/dr.pepper
Old January 12th, 2009, 02:35 AM
Green Banana

thanks! ;-)
Old February 4th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Green Banana

I'm new here but I can say that soda (pop) has about 32 grams of BAD sugar. Not the good mother-nature variety, but of high fructose corn syrup. THat stuff is like glue in your body. I know there are commercials now saying that it's OK in moderation, but that's b/c the consumers are wising up & not comsuming it as much. Thus the big ad campaign. It's used because it's a cheap sweetener.

Now you may say what about diet soda? Weeelllll, the aritficial sweeteners have a long list of problems (seizures, depression, MS-type symptoms just to name a few) including making it HARDER for your body to loose weight. WHat happens is this: You crave sweetness, then you eat something made with aspartame or splenda, BUT your brain doesn't register the sweetness from articial sweeteners & so you conitinue to crave MORE sweetness....which equals more calories.

Try to figure out what it is about the soda you like: the sweet, the carbonation? Then look for a substitute...........sorry so long, but after having sisters addicted to diet soda & seeing how it screws your body up; and myself who used to eat a LOT of sugar-free foods & how I was always dizzy until I got it out of my system....well, soda is just evil no matter what kind it is!
Old February 5th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Yellow Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreilly6 View Post
I'm new here but I can say that soda (pop) has about 32 grams of BAD sugar. Not the good mother-nature variety, but of high fructose corn syrup. THat stuff is like glue in your body. I know there are commercials now saying that it's OK in moderation, but that's b/c the consumers are wising up & not comsuming it as much. Thus the big ad campaign. It's used because it's a cheap sweetener.

Now you may say what about diet soda? Weeelllll, the aritficial sweeteners have a long list of problems (seizures, depression, MS-type symptoms just to name a few) including making it HARDER for your body to loose weight. WHat happens is this: You crave sweetness, then you eat something made with aspartame or splenda, BUT your brain doesn't register the sweetness from articial sweeteners & so you conitinue to crave MORE sweetness....which equals more calories.

Try to figure out what it is about the soda you like: the sweet, the carbonation? Then look for a substitute...........sorry so long, but after having sisters addicted to diet soda & seeing how it screws your body up; and myself who used to eat a LOT of sugar-free foods & how I was always dizzy until I got it out of my system....well, soda is just evil no matter what kind it is!
i completely 100% agree. Pop is bad for you DIET anything is just horrible. I have read about aspartame and the others before as well (my nephews are autistic..) And i cannot stress this enough, if you are trying to lose weight, do not, i repeat DO NOT drink Diet pop/soda. It will not help you to lose weight, it will work against you! in fact anything you buy that advertising being "low fat" "low carbs" "diet" or the like are usually bad for you. What happens is they are substituting the cabs/sugar/fat whatever with something usually worse than the thing they replacing.

Just give up the sweets. give up the pop, if you want to eat chips, eat banana chips! (i'm serious by the way, they're usually in the bulk food section). If your craving ice cream, instead try frozen yogurt. Don't eat pasta after pm because your body will have a hard time digesting it = weight gain. And drink lots of water, strap a bottle to your hip and when your hungry, just drink it. If your tempted to eat something bad for you, drink water. I like to cut up mushrooms and broccoli and carrots and dip them in ranch dressing.

If your into it, you should look into the raw food movement (don't quit the banana diet though, let them work together!). I've been looking into and there are a lot of people who have lost tremendous amounts of weight to become thin and healthy. One thing is that i like meat, so i don't know how that would fit in..... also, i'm on a budget so i don't know what it would cost to have a diet like that, but we'll see

Ok, well that's enough of my rant for now
Old February 6th, 2009, 12:31 AM
Green Banana

Default hi.. i started 10 day ago

wanted ur advise, after reading ur article.. can we have milk with cornflakes around 7.30, instead of dinner.... on somedays.... not all days.. would appreciate ur reply...

thanks..
mj
Old February 7th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Brown Banana

I responded to this in another forum, but basically it's O.K.